Thursday, July 1, 2010

Line 6 Relay G30 Digital Wireless System

Several readers have written to ask about the Line 6 X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless System I bought last year. Yes, I still use it and like it a lot. It has never given me any problems, and it is perfectly quiet and solid. The problem is, it has been discontinued by Line 6 and is no longer available.

This looks like its replacement: The Line 6 Relay G30 Digital Wireless System. The specs look very similar: a compact digital wireless with 100-foot range. A few changes are apparent: It uses the 2.4 Ghz frequency range, while the X2 broadcast on 900 Mhz. Another change is the price, with the newer model costing 100 bucks more. Still, for a sales price of $299 it looks like a good buy, and Guitar Center (where I bought my X2) was willing to deal. It includes a power supply, which the the X2 did not, and it has six channels, one more than the X2.

I haven't tried this unit yet, but if it takes up where the X2 wireless left off it is a great tool for harp players. If any of you get the opportunity to try this unit I'd like to hear your impressions.

No comments: