Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rocky Mountain Pig Roast

My acoustic blues duo played a private event - a pig roast - last Monday, up in the mountains South of Denver. After it got dark it was COLD!

I didn't use an amp (I never do in the acoustic duo) but this pic shows my Shure SM57 microphone with wind filter. It sounds a LOT darker than a SM58, much better for harp. Also in the pic is the machine head of Scott Huntington's Ovation guitar. This is the musician's eye view of a pig roast.

This photo does not do justice to the beauty of the setting. This was WAY off the beaten path, in a little valley ringed with stands of aspen and pine up in the Pike National Forest. The food was great and the party was fun. We got invited back for next year.

Gear Notes: We did have electricity -- from solar power. We used my Mackie 808M powered mixer and two Yamaha S115V speakers. The sound was good.

No comments: